Saturday, January 24, 2015

Off topic post: I GOT MY BASS CLARINET!!!

Hey! So, if you remember, about 1 week ago I made an off topic post about the Bass Clarinet, which I am switching to from the B flat regular clarinet. This is another off topic post, and I hope you will enjoy it!!! So, I finally got my Bass Clarinet. As you may know, I am in band at school. My new instrument is wonderful! I am going to compare and contrast Bass and Regular clarinet. D means difference and S means similarities.
BASS CLARINET:
D: huge case, 3ft long.
D: huge instrument, 7 pounds and 3ft long.
S: same notes as regular clarinet, no differences except the below:
D: difference mentioned above: 2 extra register keys to allow you to play above a C#3 note, there is 1 extra key on each main section.
D: extra pinky key
S: uses a reed, regular does too.
D: reeds are HUGE!!!
D: LOUDER!
D: takes a lot more air.

REGULAR CLARINET:
D: quieter
D: smaller reeds
D: shorter
D: lighter
S: same notes!!
D: case is only about 1 foot long, and weighs less than 1 lb.


I hope you enjoyed this! Let me know if you did!



Clara Madison Spears :)

No comments:

Post a Comment